“What is objectionable, what is dangerous about extremists is not that they are extreme, but that they are intolerant. The evil is not what they say about their cause, but what they say about their opponents.”
~ John F. Kennedy
The Dry Fly Forum
Established solely for the discussion and sharing of knowledge of dry fly fishing, and the issues that affect it.
The Code of Conduct:
- All posts (discussions) should be related to, and have implications on the subject matter this forum is established for. Posts outside of this subject matter should only be posted in The Drift section of the Dry Fly Forum.
- Civil dialogue (even if it strongly disagrees) is always welcome. Obscenity, vulgarity, personal attacks, and disparaging language are never tolerated, nor are links to the same.
- Signature lines may include a single website address, and/or blog address to a commercial or personal venture, but any other solicitation of Members and/or advertisements placed in posts outside of The Pool are strictly prohibited.
- The Pool section of the Dry Fly Forum is for the posting of: For Demo, For Sale, and Wanted To Buy items only. No general advertising is allowed. All posts of a commercial nature, including those directing individuals to a commercial interest must be placed in The Pool section of the Dry Fly Forum.
- Failure to comply with this code of conduct, as determined solely by the Owner of this forum, can result in the suspension or revocation of membership and posting privileges.
The Dry Fly Forum believes that it is unfair to allow a sole proprietor (such as an independent Rodsmith) privileges that a corporation (such as a Manufacturer) are denied. Therefore, it is the policy of the Dry Fly Forum that any Member meeting the requirements to post in The Pool may do so. Whether they be a representative of a large manufacturer of fly fishing tackle, or an individual simply looking to clear out an unused item from their vest, the minimum requirements for posting in The Pool are:
- A minimum of 25 posts in other sections of the Dry Fly Forum; AND
- A minimum of 60 days as a Member of the Dry Fly Forum.
Any individual desiring to post an item in The Pool before meeting these requirements may do so if they receive prior approval from the Owner. Failure to do so may result in immediate suspension or revocation of all posting privileges. To request permission to post an item in The Pool prior to meeting the above requirements, please use this contact form: Contact